This is the case with Nest.js. MaybeWorks team turned its attention to NestJS because it ideally takes care of the most challenging backend architecture components and allows us to build scalable web products. In this article, we want to share our NestJS expertise with you and tell you 3 reasons to choose Nest.js for your web development project.
What is NestJS?
NestJS grew out of another popular framework - Express.js. Angular also influenced its development. It is suitable for creating efficient and easily scalable server-side web applications. NestJS uses static typing based on TypeScript, which provides reliability and readability of the code. In comparison, PHP is a dynamically and statically (7.4.0 version) typed language. It allows only data description through PHPDoc, dramatically improving code readability, but it still does not contain all the descriptive features of TypeScript.
3 reasons to choose Nest.js for your web development project
In practice, Node.js is used as a web server because of its event-driven model and non-blocking I/O architecture. These fundamental capabilities require higher-level add-ons like the Nest.JS framework to use in the project. The framework aims to make development easier, faster, and more structured. For Node.js, there are more than two dozen popular frameworks based on the "standard" Express.JS (like Nest.JS). The main advantage of Nest.JS compared to the basic platform is a clear architecture consisting of three components: controllers, modules, and providers. It makes it easy to divide an application into microservices from the beginning of development and work on each separately, connecting it into a single system.
Below are 3 reasons to choose Nest.js for your web development project:
- Versatility and extensibility. Nest.js gives developers maximum freedom in using additional modules. It provides a high level of abstraction, which allows developers to use APIs of other frameworks, libraries, and other things, assembling a unique server application of any type from modules. Nest.js is open source and has almost unlimited scalability. It already has integration of Caching, Mongoose, GraphQL, WebSockets, and many other technologies.
- Prospects. NestJS is the framework with the fastest growth in popularity among those developed for NodeJS on TypeScript. Developers like it for the ability to create applications with unusual features and implement original ideas. Many modules and example solutions have already been written for it, which are publicly available and can be useful in the project. This adaptive ecosystem and scalability are why you may choose Nest for your project, especially if it is a startup or an application with non-standard business logic.
We think NestJS will very soon become the new Node.js development standard. It is a flexible, scalable, productive yet structured, lightweight, and robust framework. This combination of qualities and the ability to create unique applications by combining microservices with various features makes it a great solution for startups and server-side applications of all sizes.
Examples of using Node.js and NestJS in web development
Node.js is used by corporations such as Netflix, Uber, Yahoo, PayPal, eBay, Trello, Twitter, Groupon, LinkedIn, and even NASA. According to Stack Overflow, Node.js is the most popular technology. In 2021, it held 50.4% of the market.
The portal nodejs.org provided a detailed report on the use of the environment. According to its data, switching to Node.js:
- Increases developer productivity by 68%
- Reduces development costs by 56%
- Increase application performance by 48%
NestJS has also earned the trust of customers. NestJS is a framework for building Node.js server-side applications. It is a simple environment with a clear architecture and broad capabilities, the number of users of which has been growing steadily since its release. Such companies as Adidas, Decathlon, Societe Generale, Autodesk, and Roche develop services using the NestJS framework.
MaybeWorks expertise in Node.js and NestJS development
MaybeWorks IT staff augmentation provider has a modern tool at its disposal. Node.js and NestJS allow MaybeWorks developers to develop interesting projects and implement original, non-standard features. And even with complex logic, the reliability and performance of the application will not be at risk.
The previous case where we assisted with NestJS expertise was a virtual video chat. An easily extensible modular backend was required. The client chose ReactJS + NestJS + Firebase + Twilio API for that and augmented his team with MaybeWorks developers. Backend developed by our experts was responsible for creating 3D rooms and their configuration, as well as collecting analytics on the rooms and users in the rooms.
MaybeWorks developers integrated the backend with Firebase real-time database for the data that needed to be constantly updated. We also used the PostgreSQL database for persistent data. And the available API was documented with Swagger, which integrates perfectly into the NestJS ecosystem.
We assisted in developing many complex custom web applications on Node.JS + NestJS. Feel free to contact us to discuss your web development assistance.